Soda fountain, meet your future! Blending one part old-school vending machine with one part new-school technology, the Coca-Cola Freestyle lets users customize their own personal beverages. Push a button on the LCD touch screen to choose from over 120 different flavors—like hard-to-find Orange Coke and Fanta Peach, or non-fizzy Hi-C and flavored waters. Unveiled during the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the machines are now in more than 1,700 locations (and growing!), including Five Guys and Cosi. Facebookers can name and share their creations with fellow mixologists on the Freestyle fan page.
Make your own combinations!
- Sprite Vanilla + Hi-C Orange = Creamsicle
- Sprite Peach + Vanilla Coke = Peach Cobbler
- Fanta Lime + Sprite Zero Vanilla = Key Lime Pie
- Fanta Strawberry + Vanilla Coke = Strawberry Shortcake
- All Sprite flavors mixed together = Gummy Bear
—Laura K. DePalma, Research Editor
From our March 2012 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray