From our Style buddy, Gretta Monahan at New York Fashion Week:
Best of #NYFW’s Trends:
* Look to the East! Asian-inspired pieces are emerging on the runway by designers like Reem Arca and Vivian Tam. (middle, right photo)
* While various jewel tones run rampant for Fall 2013, the pinks, reds and berry hues have been especially popping. (top photo)
* We’re seeing an emphasis on the waist with fit and flare and peplum styles. These silhouettes nip in at the waist but then flare out over the hips, in some cases creating curves but on the flip side they can help to camouflage a tummy.
* Opera-length gloves will be all the rage next Autumn. Add glamour to outerwear with long leather gloves in a bold hue as seen at the Trina Turk presentation. (middle, left photo)
* Exaggerated V-necks are adding a dash of sexy femininity to Fall looks. An elongated neckline and just a peek of cleavage, like at Victoria Beckham’s show
Find out more top trends from Fashion Week here!